Spring and summer are great moments to spend time at the deck. You can increase the appeal of your deck by trying these stunning tips.
1. Add plants to the deck
Plants are a natural way of deck skirting. Edging plants like hedges create a natural and soft feel that blends with the surroundings. Try tall plants along the edge if yours is shorter. It will be a natural perimeter that also adds privacy.
2. Plant Greenery
Greenery is one of the natural deck decorating ideas that enliven space. Try different plants to create diverse textures and atmospheres. You can incorporate greenery in the following ways:
• Add greenery right onto the deck with planters and pots. You can plant tall trees to make the space seem more significant or mound plants to create a cozy feeling.
• The landscape around the perimeter with different plants creates a softer border that merges smoothly with the surroundings.
3. Introduce a staircase
Stairs make your deck functional and stylistic. You can add a staircase with minimalist features or make it dramatic by adding.
• Curved deck boards
• Stylish railing material like glass and cable for a unique appearance
• Include lighting on the stairs for ambiance and safety
4. Curate the railing
Railings, in addition to safety, will make your deck a design statement. These railing materials will materialize your intention.
• Composite options to give a traditional milled look to complement home architectural styles
• Aluminum to make staircase railing resemble wrought iron and give a sleek look
5. Create privacy
A deck can have privacy without taking away its outdoor element. Some of the ways to add privacy to the outdoor space include:
• Hanging curtains from a covered deck feature
• Adding a greenery decorated lattice or planter wall
• Planting full plants like evergreen or hedges
6. Add outdoor furniture
Outdoor is part of decoration by enhancing the appearance of a deck and performing a different role of adding comfort and style. Try chic designs customized for outdoor use or cushioned sets to match indoor décor.
7. Add a firepot
A firepot positioned at the middle of a deck creates a stunning look. You also find a way to enjoy a fantastic night on the deck since a fire in the firepot keeps you warm for hours.
8. Decorate with texture adding mixed materials
Mixing materials on the deck and yard will help achieve a multi-dimensional look. Hardscaping elements such as stepping stones or pavers play off the deck’s wood look. You can use your staircase railing to incorporate more texture by using composite, glass, cable, or metal materials. You can also make a bold move and combine them.
Deck decoration is now made simple because of S&K Remodeling expertise. We can also design according to plan or using our models. Call today or visit buildsandk.com for a quote and more information.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!